We always assume that everybody automatically understands icons, but that is not always the case. In a recent conversation with a friend I discovered that the Facebook icons are a mystery to her.
So I put this information together to explain them.
Facebook profile icons
At the top right of your Facebook Profile page are 3 dark icons.
- Earth → Notifications – dropdown box displays all the latest updates from people you have liked
- Conversation bubble → Messages – dropdown box displays all the latest Facebook messages you have received
- Friend requests → dropdown box displays all the latest new friend requests you have received
Facebook how to chat
- The chat box is in the lower right corner of your profile page
- The green dot shows you who of your friends are currently online
- The minutes show the last time they have been online
Facebook how to chat or send a message
- The chat and message box are the same box
- To send a friend a message, go to the friends profile page by clicking on the name or addng it to the search bar and select message
- when you send a message and the friend is not online, they will see it the next time they are online.
- The message box then opens at the bottom right of the profile page
Facebook chat/message box icons
- To chat with a friend(s) click on the green dot next to your friend’s name
- The chat box then opens at the bottom right of the profile page
Facebook chat box icons
If you have any problems check out my MCUniverse Facebook page and message me.